The Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS) course offered by SGI is a short, fast-track online programme, enabling Certificate qualified teachers access to the English language teaching opportunities within publicly-funded UK further education colleges.
The PTTLS course can be taken as an add-on to an SGI Trinity Certificate course or as a ‘stand-alone’ course for teachers who already have a Certificate level qualification and now want the opportunity to work in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
The course in essence comprises one workbook that covers all the key areas pertaining to English language teaching in the public sector. The workbook can be completed in as little as two weeks and culminates in an assignment assessed by SGI and moderated by Trinity.
- UK Public Sector recognised Trinity teaching qualification
- Fully online distance learning course
- Start any time
- Either SGI Certificate add-on Or ‘stand-alone’ course for existing Certificate holders
- Flexible completion (one month time frame) of 1 workbook
- Final written assignment Trinity moderated
- Comprehensive tutorial support
- Experienced and well-qualified academic team
COURSE FEES 2012 (includes exam fees)
You can do the SGI PTLLS distance learning course in two ways
- Immediately following successful completion of an SGI Cert TESOL course.
- At any time as a stand-alone course following an earlier completion of a Trinity Cert TESOL (or CELTA) course.
|1. SGI Cert TESOL (PTLLS add-on)|
|Fee (Payable as part of the Cert TESOL course)||£90|
|Apply via the 'Certificate' application form and say 'yes' to the 'PTLLS add-on' in the application form|
|2. PTLLS stand alone top-up|
|Apply via the 'PTLLS' application form.|